May NOMINATION NOTICE! 2016
***This bulletin constitutes official notification of nomination of Local 567 Union Officers, Executive Board Members and Section Vice Presidents***
Nominations will be for the following positions: President, Vice President, Treasurer/Recording Secretary, three (3) Executive Board Members, three (3) Section Vice Presidents and one (1) Convention Delegate. Candidates for positions of President, Vice President and Treasurer/Recording Secretary will not be eligible to run separately for Convention Delegate because they are automatically Convention Delegates by virtue of their office. In the event that a candidate runs for more than one position (i.e., Executive Board and Convention Delegate), separate petitions are required. Nomination requirements are as follows:
- A member, to be eligible for nomination and election to office, shall be a member in continuous good standing of the Transport Workers Union of America for a period of twelve (12) months preceding nomination, and must have attended at least six (6) regular monthly membership meetings during the twelve months (12) preceding nomination, (should this meeting requirement prevent a majority (50% plus1) of the Local 567 Membership from participating in the election process, the Local 567 Executive Board shall rule it waived for all candidates.) For purposes of this election, dues must be paid through the month of June 2016 by 5:00 p.m. CDT on June 15, 2016.
- Nominations shall be by individual petition. Nominees requesting to view a membership list can contact Rollie Reaves at the Union Hall to schedule an appointment.
- Nominating petitions, to be accepted, must contain each member’s signature, printed name, and employee number. The number of signatures on the nominating petition will determine “rank” on the ballot.
*NOTE: A member may sign more than one nominating petition, but may sign only one time for each candidate for office.
- Nominations shall require a minimum of five percent (5%) of the signatures of members in good standing as of, June 15, 2016. For purposes of this election, with an estimated membership of five hundred and forty-two (542), the required number of signatures will be twenty seven (27).
- Petitions must be hand delivered to the Union Office, at the address below, no later than 1700 hours, Wednesday, June 15, 2016. A receipt of acceptance will be issued for all petitions received.
Transport Workers Union
2050 Golden Triangle Drive
Fort Worth, TX 76177
All questions or requests pertaining to the nominations must be submitted in writing to the Election Committee at the address listed above.
Voting information will be mailed in July 2016 to all members with a current address on file with Local 567
***THE UNION MUST HAVE YOUR CURRENT AND CORRECT ADDRESS IN ORDER TO GET YOUR BALLOT PACKAGE TO YOU. PLEASE CALL (817) 232-9471 TO VERIFY YOUR CORRECT ADDRESS***